Here’s some quick food for thought on breaking out of an unproductive cycle – whether professional or personal. From Thom Singer’s blog Some Assembly Required.
Enjoy… and Happy Thanksgiving!
1. If nobody knows you exist, opportunities will not come your way.
2. When you do not partner with others, they will not bring you into projects.
3. People who always spin excuses are passed over for future deals.
4. Spend too much time thinking others are trying to take advantage of you, and you will miss out on many paths to success.
5. Forget to thank the ones who helped you succeed and you will kill your golden goose (those who helped you before will help you again if they feel appreciated).
6. Try to be like everyone else and you will become a commodity (commodities are always purchased from the lowest priced provider).
7. Compare yourself to peers and someone will always be doing better.
8. Live a life that is a lie and you are a fraud (frauds always exposed).
9. Claim you are too busy to invest in relationships and you will be alone.
10. Have no goals and you will have no way of knowing what is a victory.
11. Success takes time. 100% of those who quit never reach their goal.
Have A Great Day
JP McDermott is a financial services and insurance advisor in Walnut Creek, CA. He is also a career and financial coach, has been volunteering his time and experience to various non-profit, service and civic organizations, most recently helping those in transition. His philosophy is to help others be more successful and to enjoy the benefits of meeting new people.
JP lives in Danville with his wife Candy.
Check out his LinkedIn profile http://www.linkedin.com/in/jpmcdermott